Tuesday, March 22, 2011

New Acquisition: Jericho 941, Compact

Jericho 941, Compact

Imported as UZI Eagle, by UZI America

Stats:
  • Steel frame and slide
  • Double/Single action
  • Barrel length 3.64”
  • Weight w/empty magazine 2 lbs. 1.5 oz.
  • Overall length 7 ¼”
  • Height 5”
  • Width 1 1/8”
  • Polygonal rifling
  • magazine capacity 10-rds
  • Tritium night-sights
I bought this used, in pretty rough condition. After a COMPLETE disassembly, a bath in hot water, some rust remover, some steel-wool and sandpaper, a little cold blue, and a bit of CLP break-free... It's looking pretty nice.

It's a compact pistol, meaning that it's smaller than the full and semi-compact models. By to todays "itty-bitty" pistol standards, however, it is quite large. Its solid steel construction gives it an unloaded weight equal to that of an unloaded Beretta 92, despite it's much smaller dimensions. The weight makes this pistol very easy to shoot, though, a trait not commonly associated with compact pistols.
The trigger-pull was VERY heavy at first, but after the detail-strip, it's lightened quite a bit. I can't measure it, but seems pretty average for a double-action pull. I ordered reduced power hammer-spring from Wolff, but now that it's all clean, I'm not sure I still want to swap them.
EDIT: The spring I bought from wolff doesn't fit very well, despite being advertised as fitting this pistol. It actually INCREASED the trigger pull.

Something I particularly like about it is its safety/decocker. When you apply the safety, the firing pin retracts, the trigger disconnects, and the hammer drops completely. I like it much better than the decockers that only drop the hammer to a half-cock.

I took it to the range after a very brief cleaning (before the detail-strip), and I was quite impressed with the results.
The accuracy matched that of my PT 99, and it was just as easy to shoot. Despite the dirt, rust and grime, it didn't malfunction once, with either AA FMJs or WWB hollow-points.



Riding in a Don Hume J.I.T. Slide

No comments:

Post a Comment